Friday, December 17, 2010

Blitz Attack

So from the previous posts, one can assume that I am trying to figure out my sexuality. I have been with guys in the past, but I have a girlfriend now. I wanted to tell my parental units what was going on in my life and what I was going through now, also informing them I have a girlfriend. Because last time I checked they assumed I was very much straight. So I wanted to tell them this at the right time and right place. However, I’m a fucking dumbass and should’ve known that I am incapable of such things.

As my dad and I were driving in a tow truck (because we obtained 2 flat tires because my dad hit a random rock) he mentioned that he has read my blog. He quoted a lot of things in the ‘Jello Shot Girl post’. First, that’s awkward on so many levels. Your parents should never know in detail what you do when it comes to sex, drugs, and alcohol. Second, How did he find my blog? Because I posted it as my status on facebook and were facebook friends. Also, at this moment in time, for some reason, it didn’t cross my mind that he read the ‘My Girlfriend Cheated on Me’ or ‘Same Sex Drunk Hookups’ posts which indicate I have a girlfriend.

That night, as my nanny was preparing sushi for my brother’s lunch, while we were catching up. I have known my nanny since I was in the 2nd grade.  My nanny begins to tell me about this women she is currently working for. This woman is lawyer, has two beautiful baby girls, and has a wife. She then proceeds in saying “She’s really great. And a lesbian.” Awkward pause. Looks at me. I look at her nonchalantly. Then, she continues to tell me about the two baby girls. In my mind, I’m like awesome. How does she know? I am friends with both her children on facebook, who must have seen my relationship status and told my Nanny. Cool beans.

Later that night, I start skyping with Sugar in my room. Were chatting, chatting, were chatting about my girlfriend, were chatting about her boyfriend, then about frozen yogurt, blah blah blah.  When we finish skyping, I go to my brother’s room which is right next door to say hello. And this is what happen: 

Me: wassuspppppp. What are you up to?
My brother just stares stares at me and smiles.
Brother: maybe you should speak softer when talking to Sugar about you girlfriend
I’m in shock, obviously at this moment. . . 
Me: ohh okay...
My dad walks in (how convenient, I know)
Me: uncomfortable, hyperventilating
My brother then begins to start laughing!
Me: Eugene, lets talk about that at another time perhaps maybe over dinner.
Dad: talk about what?
My brother now is dying on the floor of laughter.
I’m still uncomfortable. . .
Dad: oh.. about you sexual preferences ?
Dad: starts laughing.
Me: stare at the them.
Me: stare at the floor.
Me: walk away.

That my friends is a called a blitz attack! That actually came out of nowhere/ didn’t see that coming.
I don’t know if they were serious or not. Perhaps it’s time we sat down and had a talk fo real because that was just oh so fucking unreal and uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment