Friday, December 3, 2010

The Airplane Extravaganza

So after spending Thanksgiving at home, I head back to college via plane. I booked my ticket late because I'm an idiot so of course I would have to take the 715 am flight. Awesome. As I arrived at the airport at 620, I forgot that is was thanksgiving weekend .... aka BWI was a fucking shit show. fuck. I'm definitely not going to make my flight.

  • 620 am: Wait in line to check my bag in with my mom 
  • 621 am thinking to myself... (damn the only reason why im going through baggage claim is because of the huge bottle of sangria in my suitcase... so not worth it at this point)
  • 700 am just checked in my bag, running to security
  • 705 am waiting in security check
  • 708 am start asking people to let me cut them in line (not sorry.. well lets be serious I ask southwest if I could switch to later flight, the next flight available is 1000 pm that night)
  • 710 am just finished with security, the realization that I have five minutes to get on that plane
  • 711 am have my shoes in my left hand, northface jacket and laptop in my right hand, backpack on my back
  • 712 am sprint across the the airport shoeless to make my plane (note* my gate was gate 5 at BWI, and for those who don't know where that is located in BWI airport is fucking across the whole airport... my life)
  • 712-716 am still sprinting the shit out of my body trying to make this flight
  • 717 am at gate 5, last person to board the plane, sweating, disheveled, ham-ing it up, breathing hard. The 2nd to last person  in line asks me if I'm okay. I could barely say yes.
  •  717 am look to my left, while breathing hard, oh hey best friends boy friend from home staring at me. oh hey whats up. me uncomfortable. him staring more. I don't even know what to say, sporting my hello kitty toe socks out.
  • 718 am keep in moving, board the plane
  • Get on the plane. 
  • Nap. 
  • While getting of the plane, I spotted Adam (aka my prom dates best friend who I haven't talk to in ages... who I haven't told him certain changes in my life now... aka we'll get to that in a little bit).

 Can't seem to escape 301. never. nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment