Friday, December 24, 2010

That's alright, That's okay, Youre gonna pump my gas someday

The setting of this story is in the 301, my senior year of high school. Already got into college, second semester. Not really serious or looking for anything serious at this point because I was going to go to college and where I could meet a buffet of college hotties. But ya know, I had my eye on this boy (remind you I say boy, and not man). He was a year younger than me and was a bit adolescent looking. He was cute, like I  ride on skateboards, wear beanies, go surfing, sport vans type thing. He was also one of my friend's brother... that's awkward. Never actually hit it. We will call him Vince.

I also had the sexiest car (and I still do). It is this '91 grey Honda with white stretch marks. It also likes to holler at boys with its noisy muffler.  The reason why I had this sex mobile was because I totaled my Red Jeep the year before. Yeah, I was fucking champ. Anyway, because me totaling my car, after that my dad was too afraid to let me pump my own gas. He was like you might light the car and yourself on fire, which was probably true at the time.

However. One day, I'm driving, and  I'm like running out of gas... fuck my life. My father did not prepare for this day. However, my car was about to die in the middle of road, so I pulled in to a gas station close to home. Get out of the car. Look around. No one I saw I thought friendly enough to lend me a hand. Me looking at the gas pump. Me looking at me car. Attempting to open the gas nozzler on my car. Attempting for 15 minutes.  Called my dad and asked him how to open the gas nozzle on the car. Honestly, I would have never guessed there was a button inside the car to open the gas nozzle.

Anyway, I grab the gas pump. Gas everywhere. It starts over flooding everywhere on the floor, on my clothes. Waterfalls of gas. Me sweating. Me freaking out. I look up, I see Vince staring at me at another gas pump. Then, he was staring at the huge puddle of gas beneath me. Me trying to keep cool. Me trying to act like I know what I'm doing. Me putting the gas pump in the gas nozzle. The gas isn't going in the nozzle. Torrential downpour of gas. Vince leaves with his car quickly (perhaps he wanted to get the fuck outta there before I blew up the gas station). I run into the gas station. "JUAN (that was what I read on his id tag) help, gas, everywhere!" Runs out, I follow him. He did something magical with gas nozzle: he first stopped the gas from flooding and pumped my gas for me. Thanked Juan for this help. I stare at the puddles of gas on my car, around my car, and on my clothes. Get in my car. Leave the premises.

For the next couple of weeks, I had Juan help me pump my gas and teach me how to pump my gas. It was a great relationship... until he hit on me. Then, I just stopped going to that gas station. 

Yeah, and Vince, well after that episode, he just makes fun of me... "GAS WAS EVERY WHEREEE"

No comments:

Post a Comment