Saturday, December 4, 2010

Bronze Skin, Cinnamon Tan

I've always wanted to go to College in the South, particularly University of Miami. Love the hot weather, being tan and the beach. Due to early decision guidelines and to my luck I ended up in Massachusetts for school. Because I live in Massachusetts, you gotta do what you gotta do and  not gonna lie, sometimes I  go to Palm Beach.... Palm Beach tan to get some color. Don't judge me, it was a spray not the cancer in the box type thing.

Anyway, the reason why I bring this up is because I wanted to share my my first experience with tanning. It was senior year of high school. Not gonna lie, This is EXACTLY what happened to me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOLCwaHVtWs

In my defense, the burnt 40 year old woman who worked at the salon, gave me instructions really fast for the spray on tan and of course I didn't want to ask her the 4th time about directions because I didn't want to look like a dumbass. Sometimes my brain does not accumulate certain concepts. Apparently you had to move your feet every 3 seconds in a counterclockwise direction so every part of you body obtains color. I was so confused. Also, I was supposed rub lotion between my toes and fingers, so they wouldn't get orange... I didn't know how much. Was the lotion suppose to be a lot, or just rubbed in onto your skin? Apparently, a lot... I later realized because it looked like I had skin cancer on my hands. Lets just say, I wore long sleeved clothing for like a couple weeks and tried to make my face look more pale because I was now a nice shade of macaroni and cheese.

I tell all my friends about the dilemma. They tell their parents...... my life is a joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment